Shannon Thompson introduces herself and gives a brief overview of her B78 Endurance Hub Master Classes.
Click here to sample our members only masterclass videos
About your Coach
Shannon Thomspon, MAPP, NCCP
Shannon’s athletic background began in the equestrian sport of Three Day Eventing (like a triathlon on a horse!). She competed nationally and internationally successfully for approximately fifteen years. Shannon has also coached riders of all ages and levels during this time, and gained her NCCP Coaching certification in 2002.
More recently, Shannon has been focused on running. She has raced distances from the 800m to ultra trail events and almost everything in between. Running continues to be a passion for her.
Originally from Vancouver, BC, Shannon now resides in Flagstaff, Arizona, where she now works with 10 different sports at Northern Arizona University. However, her specialty is with endurance athletes – runners in particular.
As an athlete and a coach, Shannon has always been fascinated by the psychology of achievement. Her interest regarding the power of the mind to impact an athlete’s performance and overall experience drove Shannon to complete an undergraduate degree in psychology, and more recently a Masters in Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania.
Positive psychology is the science of human flourishing and high achievement, and offers a wealth of resources from which Shannon draws to help athletes find the performance they are seeking!
- NCCP Certified Competition Coach
- BA in psychology- Thompson Rivers University
- Masters of Applied Positive Psychology- University of Pennsylvania
- Long Listed to Canadian Equestrian Team (1998, 2000, 2005)
- Trans Rockies Run- 2nd place women’s team (2013, 2014)
- Competitive distance runner (5k 17:57, 10k- 37:17, half-marathon- 1:22)
- Numerous top 3 placings at National and International equestrian competitions between 1996 and 2011, as both a competitor and a coach.
- Shannon is also heavily involved with the 2x National Championship winning mens cross country team, and coaches several professional runners in Flagstaff, AZ.